MBT Menu Tabs JavaScript

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

99 Things Just For Funsies

Apropo of nothing. Just a saucy start to the New Year.

99 things

I found this over at The Magic Teapot Chronicles (where much fun stuff is to be found) and couldn't resist. I am afraid I make more comments and yes,I do name drop, but more for fun than for brag.


Things you've already done: bold
Things you want (or might want) to do: italicize
Things you haven't done and don't want to - leave in plain font

1. Started your own blog.
2. Slept under the stars.
3. Played in a band. (I think that singing in one counts).
4. Visited Hawaii.
5. Watched a meteor shower. I would LOVE this.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity. (Not sure. Given plenty to charity certainly).
7. Been to Disneyland/world. (Nope and never want to).
8. Climbed a mountain. (Can't remember - certainly climbed some big hills like Glastonbury Tor and the Wrekin, think I may have been to Snowdonia but can't remember).
9. Held a praying mantis. (Hell to the no!)
10. Sang a solo. (Yes. I was 7 and dressed like a Cockerel at the time! I've also sang in a choir on Telly in the UK, 'Songs of Praise' people. That was before my evil pagan side took over. Heh heh Heh.
11. Bungee jumped. Feck no. I prefer my brains in my head thanks.
12. Visited Paris.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
14. Taught yourself an art/craft from scratch. Sewing little felt animals, sock monkeys and fairies for my Beanie. Learning quilting but with help from a friend. Made a clay scultpure without having any lessons.
15. Adopted a child. Again, with the no. I have one of my own and one on the way and that's way more children than I can handle. My sister has adopted a family of 4 though.
16. Had food poisoning. A bazillion times, particularly when travelling in India.
17. Let someone else take the credit. I know I have and I know it stung. I'm just that shallow.
18. Grown your own vegetables. Attempting to. My green thumb is severely disabled though.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France. Would love to see anything in the Louvre.
20. Slept on an overnight train. Yup. In India, Vietnam and Thailand.
21. Had a pillow fight. Yeah, like me and my girlfriends get together and we get all shickered on peach schnapps in our jammies, then we put on Love is a Battlefield and get like all into it, you know? Before gently slapping each other with pillows in slo mo. The pj's might get wet at some point...
22. Hitch hiked. From Wolverhampton to Cornwall and back. I was young.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. More times than I've actually worked I think.
24. Built a snow fort. Yep, and a bikini clad snow-woman with a Girl's World head.
25. Held a lamb. Lived on a farm in Scotland. I was always cuddling the gorgeous little feckers.
26. Gone skinny dipping. Proud to say yes and yes and yes. Would do it again too.
27. Run a marathon. No. Not into the whole 'running' thing.
28. Ridden a gondola in Venice. I've been to Venice, so I'm including this. We didn't ride in a Gondola because it cost over $100 and we flew for $20. Seemed a bit pricey.
29. Seen a total eclipse. Not only have I seen one in real blinding life, I was an extra pretend 'watching' a total eclipse in an episode of Eastenders.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset. Many, many times. They never get boring, do they.
31. Hit a home run. I'm including Rounders here because that's almost the same as baseball in that you hit a ball and then run around the bases.
32. Been on a cruise. Nervously and overnight from Cyprus to Egypt with my mamma. Not unlike being in a washing machine on spin cycle.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. With my mamma and my man, pre childers. We visited all the spots in Scotland that our ancestors were born and buried.
35. Seen an Amish community No, but man I'm curious.
36. Taught yourself a new language.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing. No and I don't want to. Ever. Heights. Hanging on by my fingernails. No fangs.
40. Seen Michelangelo's David in person. I'm not sure if it's the original but I've seen the one in the British Museum.
41. Sung Karaoke. Alas, yes. I HATE Karaoke and I did it on my miserably unhappy 30th birthday. And yes, I sang (at other people's request) 'It's my party and I'll cry if I want to.' How very apt.
42. Rode a camel. Yup. Very uncomfortable as I remember. Rode an elephant too.
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant.
44. Been on an African safari.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight. And worked my magic on a beach by moonlight. Even more fun.
46. Been transported in an ambulance. Just remembered that I have. Had to get a ring cut off my finger.
47. Done something illegal. Yes, but I didn't inhale.
48. Gone deep sea fishing. OH MY GOD NO. My own personal hell involves being anywhere on the deep sea doing anything. ANYTHING.
49. Seen the Sistine chapel in person.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkelling. (Both)
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theatre.
55. Been in a movie. (Been in several and a few TV series too).
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class (it was full of sweaty men being all butch, pimply teenagers trying to toughen up and overly agressive girls. I hated it.
59. Visited Russia. Doesn't appeal.
60. Served at a soup kitchen. No but I keep thinking about volunteering for something.
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies. Does Brownies stuff count?
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Received flowers for no reason. (Last time was too long ago).
64. Donated blood. I'm not allowed to! Preggers.
65. Gone sky diving.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp. Not Nazi but I visited the Fields of
67. Bounced a cheque. Mine were practically made of rubber when I was young.
68. Flown in a helicopter.
69. Kept a favorite childhood toy. Clunk Click is still going strong.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71. Eaten caviar. Quite accidentally. Very, erm.. pondy.
72. Pieced a quilt. Still in the process of buggaring up Beanie's actually. HELP!
73. Stood in Times Square.
74. Been on TV.
75. Been fired from a job. See above.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London. Yes. Yawn.
77. Broken a bone. No. Nor do I want to.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle. Not sure it was speeding but it sure was fast.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.
80. Published a book. Definitely on my To Do List.
81. Visited the Vatican. More to see if I could sneak past security and into the archives to see what goodies they are hiding.
82. Bought a brand new car.
83. Walked in Jerusalem. My man has.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper. A few times.
85. Read the entire Bible. Not ALL of it but I was a catholic for quite a while.
86. Visited the White House. Not sure I want to.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.
88. Listened to Tibetan monks chanting, in person. Makes me go all wibbly.
89. Saved someone’s life. I once dragged an old drunk man out of the snow and back into the pub he had staggered away from with a pithily delivered, "I think you forgot something." He would definitely have come a cropper if I hadn't.
90. Sat on a jury. Nah.
91. Met someone famous. I've actually met a lot of famous people. I worked in the Theatre and worked in a new age shop where I met Robert Plant (swoon), Robert Frip (didn't know who he was), Toya Wilcox, Van Morrison (surly), Peter Gabriel (short but very charismatic), Anthony Head (Giles from Buffy) absolutely lovely and Julian Cope (hmmm - looked like a hobo). Was also sorely disappointed by one of my favourite ever actresses, Juliet Stevenson - not a nice lady.
92. Joined a book club. No time to read. Love the idea though.
93. Lost a loved one. Unfortunately yes. Two grannies, one grandad, two Uncles, two cousins, two aunties and a good friend.
94. Had a baby. Yup and stupid enough to go back and do it all over again.
95. Seen the Alamo in person. (Erm. What?)
96. Went skinny-dipping. This is a double up. See question 26.
97. Been involved in a law suit.
98. Owned a cell phone.
99. Been stung by a bee. Stung by a wasp. On the tongue. Not fun.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG, you were on 'Songs of Praise'! So not cool. Or is it cool because it's so dorky?

Given 39, I understand why you think Glastonury Tor is a big hill. chuckle

"No time to read." - you may have just blasphemed.

"Stung by a wasp. On the tongue." - once and for all, stop sticking your tongue into the nests!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Oops...don't know what happened there!

Here it is again!...

Wow...what else can I say?
I DID read them all!

You can tell the humour is home grown...what a change...I don't get to visit many Brit Blogs...so an Aussie Blog is nearly there!
Lovely to meet you!

And I actually live in Snowdonia...so I know that I've done the "climb a mountain" part!

Love to your little ones...both of them!

beth said...

you are funny....and good !
I'm not sure I could come up with 99 things....

laura (warmthandlight) said...

Very funny, darling. It's just as much fun to hear new tidbits about you, as it is to hear the stories I know and love.

Is it really so bloody expensive to ride in a gondola?? Rip off!

LOL number 23 and 67.

Re number 80, I'll be knocking everyone else out the way to get the first copy! Signed, por favor?

xx