Friday, December 12, 2008
Tree of Happiness Award
I know. A lot of blogging in one day. Still, when the mood strikes (even when the connection is s.l.o.o.o.o.w)...
I find I have been tagged by the wonderful Moonroot, who has gifted me a lovely Tree of Happiness. Ta very much!
The rules of the award are:
• Link to the person who gave the award to you.
• Post the rules on your blog.
• List six things that make you happy.
• Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
• Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog
• Let the person who awarded you know when your entry is up.
I think this has come along at just the right moment and is some Good Medicine to get rid of the Bad Mojo surrounding me right now. So without further ado, these are ‘Fings Wot Make I Happy.’
1. Peace. Quiet. Serenity. Ok. I’ll stop now. I promise.
2. My creative, caring and very loving hubble and my curious, challenging, tiring, wonderful, dramatic and adorable daughter. Really. Even when I’m angry and crabby, they are both amazing gifts in my life and I do know how very lucky and blessed I am.
3. Having my writing published. Makes me feel like I do at least one thing well in my life. Writing helps me stay sane. Stories feed my heart and soul and Reading helps me grow up big and strong.
4. A long lie in with a good book.
5. Nature. How I love thee – from the ripe bosom of the fertile Mother to the cold, stone hard ground and chill winds of the Crone – I am thy humble servant and my soul is an ever evolving Ode to thy Beauty.
6. My friends. I am blessed to have many good friends both in this hemisphere and the other. They have provided much support, love and happiness and I am terribly grateful for the wisdom they share and the joy they bring.
My six nominations are:
1. DocWitchy-poo at Dark Side of the Broom. Love her. Love her blog.
2. Griffin from Snapper and The Griffin – lovely stories from a lovely man.
3. Sew Mamma Sew (http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/) – a wonderful blog that keeps my creative yearnings alive.
4. One Red Robin (http://oneredrobin.com/) – such wonderful crafty stuff. I just love it.
5. Suse from Pea Soup (http://peasoupoftheday.blogspot.com/) – mothering, crafting and all things homely and special. Nurturing as a hot cup of tea and a biccie.
6. The Dance of Small Things (http://danceofsmallthings.blogspot.com/) – a blog that warms the cockles, fills the tummy and expands the heart.
Don't forget to share that happiness around.